Saturday 5 November 2016

Simon Says Stamp - Penny Black Challenge

Greetings everyone,

I am back today with a very simple card that I made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge. The theme was "Thinking of You", preferably using a Penny Black stamp.

I do not own a lot of Penny Black stamps but I do have a few, most of them older models that I absolutely love. My card today uses my very favourite of all time. There is something so utterly lovely about the image that despite all the stunners that have come along over the years, this one remains my personal favourite.


I wanted to keep the card very simple so I limited my colour palette to just white and beige.

I began with a beige card. I stamped my Penny Black rose image with Memento ink on white card and cut it out with a Spellbinders die. I layered this over another Spellbinders die and adhered both to the card with pop dots.

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, again stamped in Memento ink and also cut with a Spellbinders die. I added a few pearls just for a bit of interest.


You can see from this photo that the card is very simple but I have achieved a bit of interest from raising up all the layers.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Do leave your comments as they make my day. Cheers.

  ~ Melanie ~

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Melanie, what a gorgeous and elegant card! I love this Penny Black stamp and love the beautiful dies, and the soft palette is just perfect. What a stunning card, my friend! It's been far too long since we've "visited" together. What is that oval die? I love it and love how it works perfectly with the rectangular die? Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card :) thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete