Monday 25 September 2017

Powerpoppy Power & Spark September Challenge

Hello everyone...

I am just sneaking in under the deadline for the PowerPoppy Power & Spark challenge for September which is shown below.


I love using kraft cardstock. I think this is a brilliant challenge and I am so glad to be able to participate.

I knew instantly what I wanted to use for my card and it is that fantastic big and beautiful PowerPoppy Dahlia. What a glorious image that is. 

I have decided to keep my card to just white and kraft.


I have stamped the Dahlia and leaf images on kraft cardstock with Versamark ink and embossed in white. After that I took a white Prismacolor pencil and just added a bit of "white" shading to the dahlia image keeping it quite subtle.

Then I sat down with a cup of tea and a pair of very sharp scissors and fussy cut everything out.

The base is a 5" white card over which I layered a piece of kraft cut with decorative scissors. I tried and tried to find a die that would work but could not come up with anything that I liked so it had to be the scissors.

The next layer is Spellbinders Labels 42 in kraft and Labels 42 Decorative Accents in white on foam tape.

The Dahlia and leaves are mounted on foam tape on top of that.


Lastly came the sentiment and I have chosen to use a die cut from Papertrey Ink...Congratulations.

I cut the die from white cardstock 4 times and layered for a nice thick sentiment. Because it is so pliable, I placed it on a curve for added interest. The "I" is dotted with single pearl.

And there you have my take on kraft cardstock.

Now that I am finished it is going in the mail to someone very special.

Thanks so much for visiting with me today....your wonderful comments truly make my day.

Cheers,

Melanie

1 comment:

  1. Love this Melanie! It feels delicate and intricate and so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete