Thursday 28 September 2017

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #352

Good morning everyone...

Well, thankfully, the heat wave has broken here. The temperatures plummeted from almost 90F to about 50F overnight. Today is a glorious 55F with a breeze to clear out the house and beautiful sunshine.

I am participating in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge #352 and you can see the sketch here.


I chose to use a new MFT stamp set I just got called Adorable Elephants. And let me tell you...they are adorable and then some.


 I started with an A2 white card base and covered the front with a scrap of pattern paper. I believe it is a very old design from Colorbok. 

Added a strip of yellow polka dot ribbon to which I sewed a piece of narrow lace.

I stamped that cute little elephant and coloured him up with the Copics you can see below. And then I fussy cut him out...even around those little hairs on top of his head. I do not have the dies that go with this set as yet but I do have a pair of very sharp scissors and a great deal of patience. :)




Cut a rectangle of soft purple paper and used a die from MFT Basic Stitch Lines all around it. On this I stamped the sentiment from the same Adorable Elephants stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Lastly I cut three balloons using the MFT Heart Balloon die which I did colour to match the colours in the pattern paper.

Layered it all together and all done.

Thanks so very much for stopping by....your comments make me smile.

Cheers,

Melanie

1 comment: