Monday 9 October 2017

Congratulations

Hello everyone...

Thank you so much for visiting with me today. I have a very special card to share.

The son of one of my dearest friends just got married this past Saturday.

I wanted to make a special card for the happy couple.

With that end in mind, I ordered a fantastic die from Papertrey Ink, part of Betsy Veldman's Paper Clippings series. This set is called "Love Story".
 How appropriate, yes?


I have kept my card all white. Starting with a 5 x 7 white card base I added a single later of heavy white cardstock mounted up on a full sheet of fun foam for strength and dimension.

On top of that is a 5 x 7 Spellbinders die cut. Intricate but not too much.

On top of that I have layered that stunning Paper Clippings die cut. I actually cut out 4 of them and layered then one on top of each other for lots of extra dimension as you can see from this photo below
.
I have the stamp set that you can get to accompany these dies but chose to just leave the front crisp and clean with just the addition of a few small white pearls.


For the inside I used a very old PSX stamp that I have had for ages but remains to this day one of my absolute favourites. I love how elegant it is and I thought it would be perfect for the card. I stamped it in a shade of blue that was quite close to the colour of blue they used on their invitation.


Thank you so much for stopping by today. Do leave me your comments as they make my day.

Cheers,   

   Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment