Sunday 16 November 2014

Happy Birthday Dad

A very fine good Sunday morning to you all. Where I live in eastern Ontario, it is snowing . The landscape is slowly taking on a white blanket of the fluffy white stuff and it looks so calm and peaceful. My husband, who is an avid skier, is delighted. :)

I have a very simple card for you today that I made for my dear Father-In-Law who will be having a birthday quite soon. He is going to be 84. He is a no nonsense sort of fella so I knew that his card would need to be CAS, no muss, no fuss.


I have used an image from the JustRite stamp set called Going Places Vintage Labels. I coloured it up quite simply with copics (sorry, I forgot to note which ones I used) and cut out the image with the coordinating die from JustRite. 

The card is a white cardstock base, I added two pieces of pattern paper from my scrap file ( you must know by now how much I love to use up those scraps) and I added a wide gros grain ribbon, cut simply on a diagonal. One little red button to pick up for red in the image which I added on pop dots. I added a sentiment  at the bottom which is from PapertreyInk Boutique Borders Father which I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Thank you for sharing a few minutes of your Sunday with me. I hope you have a grand day. Cheers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment