Monday 3 November 2014

Happy Birthday Wendy

A very fine good morning to you all today. We are having a glorious day here in eastern Ontario. The sun is blazing away and there is a chill nip in the air. My favourite time of the year. Well, next to Christmas that is. Which has absolutely nothing to do with this card. :)

My neighbour on the next farm over from mine will be having a birthday on the 9th. I have made her a card that reflects her personality. She is an avid needlewoman and a very talented one at that.

My card starts with white cardstock. I have matted pattern paper from an old pack I still have from S.E.I. called Madeline. The images are from a Papertrey Ink stamp set called Stitched Sentiments. Perfect, no? I used a whole range of Memento inks and I have a photo of all of them below. I cut out the main image by hand rather than using the die and then added some very narrow lace to the back to continue the needlework illusion and I popped it up for dimension. Tied on a ribbon and bow and added a button with twine for good measure. Very needleworky!

Thanks so very much for stopping by. I love hearing from you all and cannot tell you how much I appreciate your comments and encouragement. Cheers.  :)
 

Here are the inks I used. I am so sorry that the picture is on it's side. I have no idea why and have been unable to correct it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment