Tuesday 19 December 2017

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #307

Hello everyone and welcome...

I have a card to share for the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday challenge which is to make a card with faux stained glass. 

I really liked this challenge as I used to do real stained glass and I love it.

I do not own any PTI coverplates so I just used some dies to create the openings.

Now the thing with using Copics for colouring on vellum is that you often get those streaks that you would normally try to avoid. However, if you look at an actual piece of stained glass, it often does have lines and streaks in the glass so I actually tried to emphasize that.


 I have kept my card pretty simple (which is a hard thing for me).  A ribbon down the side and a nice big die sentiment and that was it. I was itching to try to add more but sanity prevailed and I left it alone.


Thanks so much for visiting with me. I appreciate each and every comment you leave. Cheers.

Melanie

6 comments:

  1. CAS perfection Melanie...love it! And great idea to just use some dies when you don't have a cover plate...I think they call that "thinking outside the box"!! Lovely, lovely card! Hope you have a very merry and blessed Christmas!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Melanie! Love all the beautiful butterflies fluttering about! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Melanie!! So smart to use the butterfly dies! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned our Melanie! So pretty in pink ! I love a pink and then CAS card...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea to use die-cuts instead of a cover plate for this technique. Your butterflies make this such a cheery looking birthday card. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete