Friday 25 January 2019

January 2019 Blog Hop & MIM #348

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog....

I have a card to share today. I originally made it for the Papertrey Ink January 2019 Blog Hop, the photo inspiration shown below, but realized after it was finished that it would also work for the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge #348 Lotsa Letters.



I found this to be a challenge indeed as I am not drawn to very graphic designs so I chose to simply work with the colours in the photo, namely black, white and soft pink.

I have used one of my very favourite stamp sets, Nostalgic Notions for the lovely little blossoms and leaves. Birthday Cheer die and stamp set and Thread Cards provided the sentiment and the balloons are from Birthday Balloons




I rummaged in my stash of gorgeous silk ribbon scraps and found the perfect piece just long enough to tie this pretty little bow. A couple of sequins for balance and all done.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave me your comments.

Have a wonderful day.  Cheers.

Melanie

11 comments:

  1. Oh Melanie...this turned out absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love all the black & white with the lovely pink flowers and that GORGEOUS ribbon!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layering and design! What a perfect ribbon too! Just perfect, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! You make the prettiest cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a colorful and happy card! Love the balloons and your wonderful bow/ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this sweet card, Melanie! It's simply gorgeous. The black and white mix of patterns and pretty pink flowers along with that beautiful bow, really pack a WOW effect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cheerful and cute card. I love how you combined the balloons with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A celebration card is a perfect take on the photo! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous card. I love the design and everything about it. Beautiful card for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Meanie, it's so festive and lots of layers of pink. Beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super pretty card. I love the colors and all of the texture!

    ReplyDelete