Sunday 12 March 2017

Double D Challenge - Springtime

Greetings and welcome to my blog

I am getting in just under the wire for the Double D Challenge for this fortnight. You can see the inspiration photo below. Isn't it just delicious. So soft, so pretty and speaking of Spring.


I have chosen to focus on tulips for my card so I dug out a stamp set by that artful genius Marcella Hawley.

I stamped the tulips with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured them with the Copics you can see below.

The sentiment is from a Power Poppy stamp set Everything's Even Rosier and cut with a Spellbinders die.



I have used a strip of pink paper down the left side and stamped in very soft pink with a Papertrey Ink stamp called Sew Simple Borders. The look is very subtle as you can see from this picture.


A scrap of a leafy green and heart paper on the right side is separated with a strip of lace and ribbon.

I have used two Spellbinder dies to cut out the focal image and a mat behind it. I have layered them up with pop dots as I do so love dimension on cards as you can see here.


So there you have it. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me your kind comments. Each and every one makes me smile. Cheers.

~  Melanie  ~

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the pink & green color combo and your design is PERFECT for this lovely vase of tulips! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Think Spring’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created and colored so beautiful, too!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got in just under the wire, but it's a beauty! This is the image I thought of for this challenge, but then I didn't have time to do the challenge. I'm so glad you did! Thanks for joining us, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete