Sunday 12 March 2017

Papertrey Ink Anniversary Challenge - Stitching

Hello there everyone...

As you may know, Papertrey Ink is celebrating their 10th anniversary. They are having numerous challenges for us all to play along with and I am participating in a few of them.

You are about to get an onslaught of posts from me as I have completed a few of the challenges and will post them all right now, one after the other.

So...without further ado...here is the first one.

The challenge was to use felt or stitching on a project. As it happens, I do not own any of the Papertrey Ink stitching dies. But...I do love to do needlework so this challenge was one that I was looking forward to trying.

Basic white A2 card with another panel of white over the top layered up with a piece of fun foam.


I have stamped the cross-stitch border from Sew Simple Borders down along one side and the actually went back and embroidered it with red floss. Easy to do, just follow the X's.


I then used the X and O from Stitched Alphabet to cover the rest of the panel with red and black X's and O's.

I then used the dies from Apple Prints to cut out the parts of an apple from red, white and green felt.


I have embroidered the veins on the leaves and also an outline of the seeds inside the apple with embroidery floss and then combined the pieces with fabric glue.

The sentiment, which I think is absolutely perfect, is from the same stamp set and I have used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and cut it out with a Spellbinders die and sponged on a bit of ink so it would lot be lost in the background.

Challenge #1 is in the bag and now moving on to the next one.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit with me and leave me your kind comments. Cheers.

~  Melanie  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment