Thursday 2 October 2014

Get Well Kevin

Good Evening my dear blog friends,

As I have mentioned before, I live out in the country on a small hobby farm. We are very fortunate to have wonderful neighbours here. We heard today that one of them has had the misfortune to injure himself while cutting wood. Everybody around here heats their homes with wood in the winter. So I thought I would make him a Get Well Soon card. I always struggle with masculine cards. I guess there simply are not as many "man" stamps as there are stunning images for women.

I ended up using an old Personal Stamp Exchange image. I cannot recall the title now but as you can see it is botanical. Leaves and branches. It seemed appropriate since he injured himself cutting wood.
 
 
I stamped the image with a combination of Memento inks, namely Toffee Crunch, Desert Sand and Potter's Clay. After stamping the image I sponged on a bit of the three aforementioned inks just to soften the image a bit. I fussy cut it out and matted on some scrap paper. I found another bit of paper with a bit of a polka dot on it which I cut with Fiskars Paper Edgers "Deckle". These scissors have not seen the light of day in I do not know how long but I seem to be on a roll for using up old items. I stamped the sentiment from the Justrite Stamp set entitled "Get Well Labels Twenty", cut it out with Spellbinders Ribbon Banners and used a little sponge of ink for dimension. A wee twine bow at the top did not make it too cute so I think it is masculine enough for Kev.

 
The sentiments I stamped inside are from the same Justrite stamp set. Kevin has a wonderful sense of humour so this is perfect for him. My two fur babies, Amber and Teally were keeping me company while I worked. They are brother and sister but you would not know it as Amber is so very gray in the face.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great evening. Cheers.

1 comment: