Tuesday 21 October 2014

PapertreyInk Make it Monday Challenge

Good Day to you my blog friends,

This card is for the PapertreyInk Make it Monday challenge which was to do Faux stained glass. I really love the look. I did not have any "clear cardstock" on hand so I had to improvise and I used vellum instead. I also chose to stamp the image with Versamark ink and emboss with Black detail powder.

The image is from PapertreyInk Year of Flowers: Mums set and I stamped in on the coordinating die cut. I coloured on the reverse side with an assorment of yellow and orange Copics as noted in the picture below.

The card base is from an old package from DCWV Multi Pack in Yellows. I really love that mustard shade. I have layered on two of the pattern papers from the PapertreyInk paper pack "First Fruits". I tied on some brown gingham ribbon with a very simple knot and added an orange button tied up with some brown butcher twine. The image is on a pop dot on a piece of scrap paper from my stash on top of another stash find which I cut with Spellbinders Picot Circles die. That is also popped up to give a bit if dimension. Lastly, the sentiment is from PapertreyInk stamps set Think Big Favorites #19, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Well that is it for me for the moment. It is a miserable rainy day here today so I think a nice hot cup of tea is called for.

Thanks very much for stopping by. Have a great day. Cheers.
 


8 comments:

  1. Your flower is beautiful. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this turned out so pretty! Love that flower and what a great idea to emboss it with black first...wish I would have thought of that as I used vellum too! You did a great job coloring it and love the finishing touches on your card too...well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely autumn card! Beautifully colored, and I love the medallion you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vellum worked great - fabulous faux stained glass image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, LOVE this technique on vellum, you've inspired me to try this sometime soon. Another gorgeous card, Melanie, I am impressed!!! I love your choice of patterned paper too, really works well. I love floral cards especially those with realistic coloring (what I hope to be able to do sometime), and love how you've embossed it and added that shine to the outline of the flower, beautiful!!!

    Best wishes,

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete