Monday 27 October 2014

Power Poppy Peep of the Week Challenge

Good Monday morning to all of you. Thanks so much for stopping by.

I have a card for you today which uses the wonderful Power Poppy stamp set "Countryside Bouquet Deluxe". There have been so many truly wonderful cards made with this set so I took a long time to decide how I wanted to tackle it. In the end, I decided on my recent favourite colour scheme of oranges and reds. I even planted out a ton of orange tone tulips in my garden this year. It has never been a favourite colour but for some reason I am just loving it now.

So, I used the main focal image and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured it with lots of Copics. The numbers are shown below. I wanted to give it "A Glow".  I cut out the image with Spellbinders Lacey Circles die and then sponged in some Memento Dandelion ink to further the glowy look. :)


All the paper is from the Graphic 45 collections Raining Cats and Dogs and Twas the Night Before Christmas. The ribbon, the flower embellishment and the bling I grabbed one day at Michaels. The sentiment is from the Power Poppy set Peonie/Tulip Duo. It was also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out with a Justrite die and a little more of the Memento Dandelion sponged on to continue the theme. Here are the Copics that I used.
 


This has absoluted nothing at all to do with my card but this is a nightly ritual at our house. Both our fur babies love their nightly belly rub from DH. Sometimes they each wait patiently and sometime they don't. This is an examble of both trying to get all the attention at the same time. There is a lot of mumbling and mock growls and then ......


                   .... it is all over and they are completely relaxed. It really is a dogs life !

 
Thanks ever so much for stopping by. Please leave a comment if you like as I love to read them and thank you for your support. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Love your gorgeous and vibrant colours on this design Melanie! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card, I love your choice of colors and how well you added in dimension into your flowers--it was absolutely breath-taking to see such amazing coloring. Love your shading around the edge of the floral arrangement too. WOW, what talent, I am so very impressed!!! I will definitely be back to see what else you create, thanks so much for touching my heart with your artistry, so special!!!

    Best wishes, Joanne

    ReplyDelete