Thursday 28 January 2016

... ivory elegance

Hello everyone,

Occasionally I find a technique for a card that I absolutely fall in love with. Usually it is something simple and elegant.

I recently made a card for the Taylored Expressions challenge and I used an Anna Griffin embossing folder for the background of the card. Anna Griffin's supplies are always timeless and elegant. I own quite a few of her embossing folders because of that reason. I would love to have all of her amazing paper crafting products but... alas... I do not.  :(

I decided after I had made the previous card that I would get out a few more of her folders and some Spellbinders dies and a few stickers and die cuts to see what I could come up with.

Well, here are five cards that I made and all of them are simplicity itself.

All are the same but different.

All have an ivory card base. All have an ivory cardstock panel which I have embossed with an Anna Griffin folder. All have an ivory Spellbinders die cut. And all have a focal image which is a sticker or die cut. 







This is a fun and very quick way to make cards. I am a stamper through and through but sometimes you see some products like stickers or die cuts that you simply must have. Well... that is all very well and good but then we need to use them and I seldom do that. Not anymore! I am going to be busting my stash for a while yet but this sort of idea is a way of using it all up... in a beautiful way.

Thanks a lot for stopping by today and leaving me your comments. I really appreciate it. Cheers.

     ~ Melanie ~

2 comments:

  1. Those embossing folders are amazing! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melanie, these are gorgeous! I just love each embossing folder you've used! Stunning cards, each one! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete