Saturday 9 January 2016

... Power Poppy Stretch Yourself Challenge

Hello there everybody,

I have a card for you tonight which I made for the Power Poppy Stretch Yourself Challenge as you see here. The idea was for us to make a tall card and also to use something that is new to us, which could basically be anything.


I have used an older Mojo Monday sketch that I really like and it already has the "tall" part covered.  :) I love Julee's sketches as half the battle is already won when you have such great designs to work with.



My card begins with a white base over which I have layered some pattern paper I found in an old Colorbok punch out pack. Gosh this paper has to be well over 10 years old (I never throw out paper) and it fit in perfectly with the look that I was going for which was something soft and feminine. I am sorry for the picture quality but I took these shots at night and the light was not the best. 



Over this I have used the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles Two die (one of my very favourites) in white. I used a pink gingham ribbon along the edge.

Now we come to the meat and potatoes of this challenge which is to use something new. Well, I have actually owned the Power Poppy Happy Crabapple stamp set for a while now but never used it. So I think that qualifies.  :)

I cut out circles using the Spellbinders Standard Circles die set and then stamped bits of the Crabapple stamps on them using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. These I then coloured using the Copic shown below. I matted them on a deep rose shade of card stock which I cut using the Spellbinders Lacey Circles die.



The sentiment which is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink is from the Power Poppy stamp set Farmers Market. I think it is very appropriate. There is something very sweet indeed about the scent of apple blossom.



I popped up the little nuggets of crabapples with pop dots and then added a few soft pink pearls just for fun.



So there you have it. Tall and new. 

Thank you so much for visiting with me tonight and leaving me your comments which I tell you, they just make my day, or night as the case may be. :)
Cheers.

     Melanie


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet, charming, soft and lovely card! Love how you used the sketch and incorporated the "tall" part, and of course a never used image counts as new. I did the name with dies in mine. Thank you so much for joining in on our Power Poppy Power and Spark Challenge this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Melanie, this is beautiful, and I love how you've made it fit for two challenges! And, wow, what a beauty! I love the nuggets of the crabapple image that you've so beautifully colored! And I love the DP and agree that the Romantic Rectangles are so lovely and delicate! And I always love gingham ribbon and pearls! So beautifully done, my friend, and I'm so glad you've finished it and love how you've staged it with the sweet bird cage! Hugs, sweet friend! (Now I'll wait until you post it on SCS!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sketch is perfect for a tall card. Love how this turned out Melanie! Just so sweet and pretty. I love this particular sentiment, too. I'm always mixing and matching my Power Poppy sentiments. So good to see this in our Stretch Yourself Challenge!

    ReplyDelete