Friday 8 January 2016

... Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #17



Hello there everyone,

I have a card tonight for you that I made for the Taylored Expressions Share Joy Challenge #17. Here is the sketch.

Now at the moment I do not own any of Taylor's beautiful stamps so I have played along using other stamps. I also do not own her own stamp pad colours so I came as close as I could using Memento inks.


I stared with a white card base, rounded the bottom corner and then added a strip of cardstock along the top and pattern paper along the bottom. I chose to use the "Poppy Seed" colour for my paper. To clean up the line between the two papers I have added a piece of lace. Any card looks good with lace, don't you think?

I cut out two tags using a My Favorite Things die (sorry I cannot remember the name of the die) and then a wee little die over that using a Whimsy die. These I tied up with some black and white twine. Here is where I really tried to keep to the colours as noted above. 


The focal images are from PapertreyInk Heart-2-Heart #10 stamp set and I cut them out using the coordinating dies. The ink used is from Memento in Angel Pink and Rose Bud.

I have popped them up or a bit of added dimension.

I have chosen to place my sentiment at the top of the card in order not to detract from the butterflies (I do love butterflies). The sentiment is from Power Poppy and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

There you have it. This one really was a challenge for me as this colour scheme is outside my usual comfort zone. I guess that is why they are called challenges, no?

Thanks a lot for stopping by and leaving me your comments. Please consider following my blog if you would like so we can keep in touch. Have a great evening. Cheers.

     Melanie

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Melanie, this is beautiful, and I just love the color combination and the polka dots! And what a great card for this challenge. It's one I've admired and not yet been able to participate in. What a perfect card for it, and I love it! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great with the colors AND the sketch! Love that dainty lace trim and the polka dots. I always love polka dots!

    ReplyDelete