Thursday 28 January 2016

... Taylored Expressions Challenge #20

Hello again everybody,

I have made a card today for the Taylored Expressions Challenge #20. You can see the sketch and the requirements here. This is a great sketch to use to make a clean and simple card. The focal image will carry the whole card.


My card begins with a cream coloured card base over which I have layered a simple blue pattern paper. I have rounded the corners on both the card and the paper.


 I have used the Taylored Expressions stamp set Paw-some for my focal image and for the sentiment. Isn't he just a cutie? I am a sucker for a cute puppy since I have two of them myself.

I cut him out of the same cream coloured cardstock using the accompanying die. I used a stamp positioner to get him centered right on the die cut out. He is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.


He is coloured up with Copics in the colours noted below. I also used a Silver Sharpie marker for his dog tag for the metallic quality. I have matted him on a piece of blue cardstock cut with Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles. Both the blue mat and the puppy are raised up on some pop dots. With a card this simple I think you need these extra little touches to add interest.


This was such a fun card to create, especially as it will be my dear hubby's birthday card.

I am also going to be entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday challenge which was to use something new. This stamp set is new to me so that is ok.  :)

Thanks so much for visiting today. I do hope that you will leave me your comments as it makes my day to read them. Cheers.

     ~Melanie ~

3 comments:

  1. So cute Melanie! A perfect card for a sweet celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who makes fun cards for the hubby. This is so cute. Love the sketch and the image. More and more I'm leaning toward clean and simple, or at least simple. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Melanie, this is so adorable! I'm sure your DH will love it, and I love making cute cards for mine hubby too! I just love these little fellas all ready for a party! Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete