Thursday 21 January 2016

...PapertreyInk Make It Monday #237

Hello everyone,

I am participating in the PapertreyInk Make it Monday Challenge #237 which was to create a Matchbook Valentine. This turned out to be a very fun project and I could see myself making lots of these little matchbooks for all sorts of reasons.

Mine begins with a package of candy. Now, at the store I went to, they did not have any small packages of Valentine Candy so I opted for a package of Easter Eggs. Who cares, right? It is all candy. :)


I began with a soft pink card stock which I cut to size after measuring the candy package. I opted for the flat top to my matchbook as I like the look. I stapled in the candy to hold it in place. 

l decided that I did not like the fact that you could see the staples at the back of the package. I decided to use a red stitched ribbon and I wrapped it all the way round using some Creative Tape. Love that stuff.


I cut a banner using Spellbinders Baby Buntings dies and then popped this into a Swiss Dot embossing folder.


My focal image is from PapertreyInk from the stamp set Tiny Treats: Valentine. I stamped the outline in Memento Rose Bud ink and then that sweet little bunny in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added just a tiny touch of colour to his ears and the heart shaped tail with Copics. Cute!

The sentiment is also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and it is from the same stamp set.

I added a red button tied up with some pink and white butchers twine at the top.

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your comments. I will be back very shortly with another project. Have a great day! Cheers.

   ~Melanie~

3 comments:

  1. a bunny themed valentine - i love it!! matchbook packaging is perfect for candy of all seasons, lol! thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as cute as can be! I like the creative addition of the bunting die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! That bunny is adorable! :0)

    ReplyDelete