Monday 4 January 2016

... Pink and Main Challenge #5 - Sparkle

Hello there everybody,

I am back with a card for the Pink & Main Challenge #5, the theme of which is "Sparkle".

I chose to use the Pink & Main stamp Birthday Boy. I really like the cute little faces Michelle's characters have.

I started with a card base from Crafters Companion and I used a Spellbinders die along the bottom edge. 

I stamped up the little guy in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured him in with watercolour pencils. I have not used them for a while and I cannot imagine why not as they are terrific to work with.


Now the theme being "Sparkle" and all, I needed to add the requisite amount of sparkle and I chose to use a combination of Martha Stewart Glitter Glue and Stickles from Ranger in Crystal. I cut out the wee man with a die cut from Sizzix and then added some ribbon, simply tied, at the bottom and a sentiment, also from the same stamp set with a button tied up with bakers twine.


Cute yet simple ... a good card for a young lad, I hope.

Thanks so much for visiting with me today. Thank you for leaving me your comments... they are a highlight of my day. Cheers.

    Melanie

5 comments:

  1. What a darling birthday card! The fun edge and sparkle are perfect. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable and sparkly card! -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Thanks so much for joining us at Pink & Main for challenge #5!

    Stacey (Pink & Main DT member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fun card!! I love the sparkle on the balloon! Thank you so much for joining us at Pink & Main!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super festive love the sparkling balloons! Thanks for joining the Pink and Main Challenge!
    Pam M. DT Member

    ReplyDelete