Thursday 21 January 2016

... My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge # 264

Hello there everyone,

I am back again with my card for the My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge # 264. Here is the sketch.

I do not usually do whimsical cards but something about this sketch made me instantly turn to the My Favorite Things The Whole Herd stamp set and I decided to make a whole field of cows!

I began with a cream card base and added a panel of blue cardstock. 

I cut two different green cardstocks with the My Favorite Things Scenic Safari dies. One I attached flat to the card and the other with pop dots.

I cut out five cows using the coordinating die set and then stamped out the cows using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then coloured them up using Copics. I opted for easy and simple colouring ... pink noses, black and white cows.


They were then added to the card, again, some flat and some popped up.

For the circle in the top corner I have created a sun out of ribbon and a button. 

The sentiment, also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, is from the same stamp set.

I have just met a new work colleague who was born and raised on a dairy farm so this would be a perfect card for her.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me your wonderful comments. It really makes my day. Cheers.

   ~ Melanie ~

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Melanie, what a great sketch card this is with the cows as the "strip" across! I love it (and them...reminds me when I was young and would say, "mommy, look at the mow cows!"). Just the sweetest, and it's beautifully made! Sending you warm hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete