Thursday 7 January 2016

... My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #262

Hello there everyone,

I have a fun card for you today that I made for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #262. Here is the sketch.


As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I was going to do. :)

My card starts with a cream base over which I have layered a piece of pattern paper from my overflowing stash. 


 I then took a scrap piece of rust card stock and ran it through a Darice Woodgrain embossing folder. Over the raised up embossed details I sponged on some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain. I then cut this up into five strips.


The kitties are from one of my favourite stamp sets from My Favorite Things called I Knead You. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out, stamp the little cuties with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured them with Copics in the colours shown below.


I arranged the kitties on the "shelves" with one of them hanging on for dear life. Too cute!  :)

The shelves are popped up on some foam tape as are the kitties.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and especially for leaving me your comments. Have a wonderful day. Cheers.

    Melanie


3 comments:

  1. That's quite a sketch and I just love how you used it! Cute critters are okay by me any day. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute. I like the cats, great job with the sketch too. The wood grain is perfect for the strips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Melanie, I agree with Leslie that it is quite a sketch, but you've really nailed it and made one of the most adorable cards with these sweet little kitties. What a beautiful job with your coloring too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete