Friday 1 January 2016

... Taylored Expressions Share Joy 16

Hello everyone,

First of all .... A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY!!!!

I am participating in the Share Joy challenge today at the Taylored Expressions website.

These are new stamps to me as I discovered them from reading another blog that I follow.

I do not own any of Taylor's charming stamps, YET! Fortunately I am able to play along using other stamps that I currently own which is a great. It gives you a chance to play now while waiting until you get some new stamps to use.

So, here is the Sketch and the style of the project. I really like this sketch. I think that it can go so many different ways. I have chosen to keep my card classic, feminine and white.

I started with a basic white card base and then added a panel, also in white from Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics B in the largest size. Over this in the top left corner I used the JustRite Filigree Corners die, again in white. I adore the look of white cards. They seem to just look really crisp and clean, like a starched white shirt.  :)


I have popped up this main panel with dimensional tape.


My focal image is from the Power Poppy stamp set Potted Primroses. I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and VERY subtly coloured it up in the Copic colours shown below. I really wanted to keep this card very white but I wanted just a hint of colour. Sometimes I think that it is harder to be restrained when colouring. I fussy cut the image and popped it up on pop dots.




The sentiment is from the PapertreyInk stamp set Heart-2-Heart #2. Again it is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

So there you have it. My first card for the Taylored Expressions Share Joy challenge. I hope it is the first of many as I really like her stamps and cannot wait to get my hands on a few. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit with me today. I would love it if you would leave me your comments as it would mean so much. Have a lovely day!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, Melanie, this is so pretty and lovely with the primroses and the lovely die in the corner. It's a great sketch for the challenge, and your primroses are so softly colored! Lovely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!! This is stunning!! I love the primroses that you used and the white on white is just so breathtaking. Great take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! So clean and simple yet elegant. (I think you're so right about using restraint with color.) Good luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely card, Melanie! The texture, and that gorgeous cluster of flowers is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Share Joy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete