Wednesday 4 February 2015

Happy Birthday Kevin & Karen

Hello everyone! Hope you are having a great day.

I have two cards to share with you right now. My neighbours, father and daughter, will be celebrating their birthdays soon, on the same day mind you!

So, here are their cards. 

First up is Kevin's card. He is a no nonsense sort of fella so I kept it pretty simple. I used the fox (or is it a wolf?) die cut from Spellbinders and then layered over that the negative of the cardstock that I had run through a wood grain embossing folder. The little die with the sentiment is also Spellbinders Labels 4. 


I mounted the cardstock up on pop dots to give some depth to the opening where the fox is sitting as you can see from this second photo.


Now Karen's card is entirely different. She is a very talented young lady. She weaves, is an amazing photographer and plays the piano like a dream. I wanted her card to be a bit more magical and to me, right now anyway, that means stars!

The background of her card is white cardstock run through a Swiss dot embossing folder over which I layered many stars cut from the PapertreyInk die Sketched Stars. I added the sentiment which is Boutique Borders - Birthday stamped in Memento inks.


Well, that is it for me for the moment. It is snowing, again, so I need to get out there and do a little bit of clearing before I can return and be snug in my craft room with a cuppa and enjoy my afternoon.

Thanks so much for visiting with me. Do leave me your comments as I love reading them. Have a terrific day. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment