Monday 23 February 2015

PTI Make it Monday #202

Hello everyone.

I am back with a card for the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #202 challenge which is using border dies to anchor your card.

Well, I do not own any of Papertrey Ink's border dies but I thought I could get around that.

So, my card starts with a kraft base on which I stamped some everygreen boughs and wee hearts from the Love Lives Here Holiday set.

Yes, as you can see, this is a Christmas card. Oh, I can hear the groans already. I know we just had Christmas but it will be coming around again and you can never be far enough ahead with your Christmas cards. But I digress...

I used a My Favorite Things tag die which I cut some dark red paper from my stash and over that I layered the angel from Love Lives Here Holiday and I stamped her in Memento Peanut Brittle ink. Over that I layered the Rustic Wreath die cut from paler kraft card and stamped with Versamark and embossed in white. Over that I layered a harlequin border die and the word "holiday" from Wonderful words cut from some gold paper. Attached a piece of gold ribbon on top and two layers of button stacks dies cut from felt with a tiny tag cut from vellum with the sentiment. 

There is a whole lot of stuff going on here. Lots of layers but I do believe that was the whole point.  :) 

I chose to glue my borders down due to the nature of the word holiday. I could not have it hanging loose and flapping around. Otherwise, I think I would have done as Melissa die and leave them loose.




Thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful day. Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. No groans here, I made a Christmas card too! This is beautiful , good for you for making your own border dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ahead of the game for next Christmas. Your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the holiday layers and the rich Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I love the way you put this one together and you're already on top of your Christmas cards too!

    ReplyDelete